The Institute clinic and physical therapy are open and seeing patients. We are working within a reduced schedule to make sure that we can match resources with the needs of our patients. All surgery, except emergencies, are currently on hold. This is both for patient safety and to assure that all community health resources can be focused on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stay tuned as we prepare to launch our Telemedicine Platform, which will be available soon.
We are closely monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19 (Corona virus). To minimize exposure to our other patients and staff, we are asking our patients who are sick, patients that have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or patients that have traveled to one of the high-risk areas to please cancel your appointment. Also, please limit the number of people you bring to our office to 1 support person (if the patient is college age or younger, both parents can come). Do not bring a sick family member with you to the office.
What we can do to help ourselves?
At this time, the Tennessee Department of Health, does not currently recommend any additional precautions beyond normal practices to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
- Get your flu shot.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing or cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean your phone often.
- Limit unnecessary social interactions.
- Stay home if you are sick and stay away from people who are sick.
- If you live with children or others who don’t wash their hands sufficiently (assist them in hand washing), consider washing towels after every use or using paper towels in your kitchen and main bathroom.
If you have questions or concerns about the virus the Department of Health has launched a Tennessee Coronavirus Public Information Line in partnership with the Tennessee Poison Center. The hotline number is 877-857-2945 and will be available from 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Central daily.
Below are links to additional resources and guidance: